***Color choice will need to be added in an order note - Please choose from one of the colors listed in the product pictures***
Vault 35 is an 11-unit-wide 30% mechanical keyboard kit for enthusiasts interested in a minimalist typing experience. Expanding on the pioneering concept introduced to the community with the QAZ keyboard designed by tominabox1, this design removes a column from the left side of a typical 12-unit-wide 40% keyboard while keeping the right side the same.
- Single-piece milled acrylic HHKB-style case with eight color and two finish options
- 2.5 degree typing angle
- Bottom mount style via plate. The pcb hangs freely within the case
- Polycarbonate plastic switch plate dyed with the case for a matching color scheme
- White solderable USB-C PCB with QMK and Vial firmware available here. Integrated RGB underglow included in V2 PCB. PR pending for updated firmware.
- Six different bottom row/space bar options with ease of assembly due to KLE guide/reference printed on PCB.
- Designed by projectcain
- Sold as in-stock shipping within 3 to 5 business days while supplies last
- Milled acrylic case dyed to order
- Vault 35 white USB-C PCB
- Vault 35 polycarbonate plate dyed to order
- Screws, clear bumpons, allen key
Frequently asked questions:
- If you want it to be, sure. However, the amount of people that use this size of keyboard for daily work (regardless of number/symbol/navigation key usage frequency) is growing at a fast pace. With a bit of commitment to the learning curve, most people experience typing speed either returning to what they could achieve on a larger board, or getting even more efficient.
- They never left, though a couple of them are a little wider now that they occupy what used to be command or modifier keycap locations. The layout option picture on this product page gives a good example of what a typical base layer for this type of keyboard looks like.
- However you want with the power of QMK and Vial firmware. Popular suggestions: Combos. Hit A+S at the same time to get Tab. Hit Q+W at the same time to get Esc. Make the Z and / keys function as shifts when held instead of tapped. These are just a few possibilities of the extensive keymap customization possible.